Values, Aims and Ethos
We aim to enhance educational, physical, personal and spiritual development and well-being, by taking into account the individual needs of all pupils in the school environment. By working together as a multi-disciplinary team, the school aims to provide a holistic approach to learning.
Mission Statement/ Ethos
Personalised pathways to successful learning and continuous achievement.
- Provide a safe, happy environment which supports the learning of every pupil.
- Provide a broad, balanced curriculum which is relevant and differentiated to meet the needs of the individual.
- Write Individual Learning Pathway Plans (ILPP) and Individual Behaviour Programmes (IBP) (where necessary), which are shared with parents/carers and revised regularly throughout the year.
- Communicate information using home-school books, diaries, letters and newsletters, Twitter or using parents/carers preferred form of communication.
- Offer regular consultations to discuss pupil progress in addition to a pupil’s School Report, Education and Health Care Plan review meetings and Transition meetings.
- Work with Children Leeds to ensure the provision of safe and efficient transport, if required.
- Continue to extend mainstream opportunities for inclusion across the key stages.
- Continue to extend work-related learning experiences for older pupils.
At the East SILC we believe that ‘Every Day is a Chance to SUCCEED’. We provide a bespoke system that underpins and runs throughout our core values for staff, pupils and all stakeholders.
Support - support and provide opportunities for all pupils and staff members to maximise their potential
Understanding – understand the individual needs of all our pupils
Compassion – awareness, kindness and providing positivity for self-worth
Commitment – commitment to the learning and growth of all staff through Professional Development and delivering a personalised learning experience for all pupils
Empathy – to understand or feel what another person is experiencing
Enjoyment – exciting and meaningful learning and enthusiasm for work
Dignity – respecting feelings, cultures and values and treat each other as individuals. We promote the right to feel valued and respected.